Sunday, December 6, 2009

Music and parent help? please don't answer if you dont like MCR and FOB?

my parents really don't like the music I listen too though I won't give it up.they say I will go to the dark side, whatever that is. two music groups that I listen to are MCR and FOB I love them so much but my parents don't especially teenagers is there any way I can get them to give me a chance at explaining? my mom likes fall out boy's song the take over the breaks over would it be easier to talk to her first though right now we're not on good terms?



Music and parent help? please don't answer if you dont like MCR and FOB?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



hmmm....not to make a joke outta this but.....ur question reminded me of this....http://www.cafepress.com/buy/come+to+the...



Okayz now that thats over with......Wait till ur mom is on good terms....dont talk to her when shes angry. Explain that their music is not demended, (as i hav heard it called) it is just a reflection of emotions. Polietly ask if u can get an edited version of each CD. if she continues to disaggree, explain that this music is very important to you and that each song has meaning. If this doesn't work...get down on ur knee and start begging.



Music and parent help? please don't answer if you dont like MCR and FOB?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



ugh! my mom is the exact same way. depending on how old you are say "i respect you, but i think i am old enough to choose the music i listen to. im not asking you to like it. but i want you to respect that i do". my mom says its "dark" too. but she kinda likes mcr and fob, but she used to hate them. after i said this to her, she started to tolerate them more. now black parade is her fav song.



when you say "im old enough", you may want to back it up with evidence of you being mature. but then again, she is still your mother. if it boils down to you are not allowed to listen to them anymore, just listen to them in secret like at night or something



i come from a very religious family, so i understand your pain



hope it all works out, luv u :)
FOB and MCR are ok its just that they are bunch of faggiles (*******) . try litsening to NIN or MM thats the real sh*t that fallout boy and my chemical romance is copying. yeaa pareents are a pain in the neck just tell her to f*** off annd to litsen to her celine dion bullsh*t...........(remember if they say they music is too loud that means u need to turn it up louder)



(*******) - a bundle of sticks and branches bound together
My parents are the same. They're both christian crazies(my nickname for overly-religious people), and think that MCR is going to push me over to the dark side. What I did was I just ignored them, listened to the music I wanted to in secret, and played it cool when they were around.



Whatever you do, best of luck!
ik what you mean. i think my family is pretty close to being ready to condemn me for the music i listen to. luckily, my parents don't give a rats @ss what i listen to, as long as it doesn't get me in trouble. but, there is hope!! u can get edited versions of pretty much every one of their songs. so if it's the swear words they are worried about, that solves it. if they don't like the style of music, or the lyrics, just sit your mom down and say: i know you are just trying to protect me and everything, but i really like these bands, and you can't stop me from that.



hopefully that helps. =)
This is an age old problem. My parents thought I was going to Hell when I started to listen to Bill Haley. Then they were sure when I started listening to Elvis. hehe. I didn't like music my kids listened to, but it was not judgmental, or moral, it was generational. Music changes and evolves. That's the wonderful thing about it. Tastes change with each generation. Ask your mother what she listened to when she was your age. Then ask her what her parents thought about her choice of music. Don't try to justify your choice of music. Just show here that it is different from what she likes. Maybe print out the lyrics to some of their songs and show her that they are not harmful, no drugs etc. Don't force your music on her, listen in your room, or when they are not home.
what u gotta do is let ur mom listen to their "good songs"..... like MCR's "i dont love u"..... no curses and a sad romance song...... good luck with that btw..... or just dont listen to that music around them.... that is always an option......
Never give up dear.Its okay to like a band...i mean not everything ur parents says..u must listen.In taste of music,no one can force u wat to listen or wat not to.Its really personal choice.



dun worry..maybe at the mean time listen to FOB %26amp; MCR songs at ur ipod..dun let ur parents listen what u are listening at the moment.Let them cool down.i mean u do nothing wrong...
my mom and dad are the same way! ^_^



they like rap/r%26amp;b..etc.. but i'm more on the rock side.



my mom was gonna make me stop listening to rock once bcuz she sadthat it's turning me evil and gothic.



she thinks that just bcuz i'm emo that i'm gonna drift to the dark side.



but after a while she started to realize that she doesn't hv to agree with the music that i listen to,she justneeds to respect it ^_^



so give it time, they'll understand ^_^
I love MCR but i agree with ur parents that anyone under like 16 should not listen to MCR only because I dont think the songs are very good for someone so young to be listening to not only for the bad words but for the content it self like talking about death and prison rape and sex with men other negative issues not exactly the best things a young should be listening to. Im shocked that there are some like 13 year olds listening to MCR! way to young! so your parents are right I can like them cause Im 23 so

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan