Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music for a funeral?

Can anyone suggest hymns/mass settings/string quartet music for a funeral? The choir and string quartet are of a high standard, so any level of music would be able to be done. Your quick responses would be much appreciated.



Music for a funeral?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



think it is called adgio for string by Joesph barber.



It is the music that is played through the film platoon



Music for a funeral?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



A good song is how great thou art. That was played at my grandma greats funeral
AMAZING GRACE
Here I am Lord



The Old Rugged Cross
Nearer My God, To Thee
Hello there Sorry for your loss but I just wanted to tell you that I recently went to a funeral and instead of the same old sad music they played all of his favorite songs throughout the sevice and it brought an amazing sense of loss combined with love and laughter. all his songs touched someone there that knew him and It was an amazing thing. It became a celebration of his life Just something to think about
I'll Fly Away.



How Great Thou Art.



I'm going over Jordan.



There is one by a fairly new group called Mercy Me on their Imagine CD. I don't know the name but its one of the last songs on the CD and it goes something like this. In you, will the hungry feast at the table. The blind man frozen by the colors and hues. The weak will dance, will dance for they are able. And the weary find rest, oh the weary find rest. In you.



And then there is Amazing Grace.
brass monkey
walk with me o my lord
If I may, I would suggest the Intermezzo from the opera, Cavalaria Rusticano, by Pietra Mascagni. So beautiful, so perfect. With my sincere condolences.
whom ever you are burying why not play ordinary music that you know they liked .



or go for known hymns
Funeral for a friend.........Elton John
time to say goodbye- it is a great song sung by andrea boccelli and sarah brightman but i am sure it could be done beatifully on strings we had it played recently at my mums funeral. i am really sorry for your loss and hope this helps
it depends on the age of the person.



I recorded Eric Claptons Tears in Heaven for my cousin as she loved that song and i knew i would never be able to do it at the funeral the lyrics are just the thing and the choir would sound great singing it



Also the Lord is My Sheppard 23rd phsalm is a favourite



The Old Rugged Cross, How Great thou Are and if the person had a favourite song even if it is a happy one it will cheer people up that you remembered that
amazing grace



God will make a way..



any Don Moen's songs..............

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan