Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Music question to all the musicians out there ( especially guitarists)?

Why is it so hard for a guitarist to make the transition from guitar nut to musician. I spent over a year and whole lot of money take guitar lessons from 3 different instructors and not until I enrolled in a classical guitar class out the community college did I realize I couldn't really play the guitar. No one wanted to take the time to learn how to read music. That seems like the first thing I should have learned to do. To those who play other instruments are their short cuts that make you feel like your missing out? Tab is all I really learned, but with this classical guitar class I feel I have missed out on learning some stuff I should have learned. I have played guitar for five years and learned to play the blues by using the caged system. Not until I took a music theory class did I learn what the caged system was really doing. Why is there so many short cuts in learning guitar? Is their alot of short cuts for other instruments?



Music question to all the musicians out there ( especially guitarists)?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



There are short cuts for all instruments. However the two most commonly used are piano and guitar. Just think about it who really just has an urge to pick up the clarinet and rock out? Keep taking the theory classes they will help you grow as a musician. You actually are in the exact same boat my husband was in 10 years ago. He loved playing rock and blues but it wasn't until he was in college and really learned how to play the guitar in the classic style that he truely fell in love with it. He now teaches others how to play classical guitar and makes a fairly good extra wage doing it.



Music question to all the musicians out there ( especially guitarists)?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I have played the violin from age 4. I have had many different forms of instruction for years and I will say that with any instrument, it is BEST to get classical instruction and then build on that. The reason being is that when you learn the classic, basic method of your instrument first, you won't have any bad habits, and you will be learning from the bottom up. Simply taking lessons from some random dude will only teach you their habits, and god knows where they learned to play? Music is just like any other education....go to people who are certified and KNOW what they are doing. Now, as far as you learning how to read music, I experienced much of the same problem. I played the violin for about 10 years without really being comfortable reading music. For me, my issue was that I learn through hearing....not so much through sight. So, through training, I basically learned everyghing by ear and just kinda got by reading music. Today i'm 25 and still not that great at just cold turkey sight reading. I can get through it.....but its the hardest part of an audition. You just have to practice.......you'll hear that a lot.......good luck .....rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan