Saturday, November 28, 2009

Does music have the power to change your mood?

Can music take you from a bad mood to a better mood if you listen to certain genres of music? And if so, what is your preferred taste in music on a bad day?



(AC/DC, Guns n Roses, Van Halen, Nickleback, etc...can thin my blood in no time.)



Does music have the power to change your mood?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



Yes it can. 'Music hath charms to soothe the savage breast, To soften rocks, or bend a knotted oak.' as the saying goes.



Personally, I listen to classical music to calm me down.



But I don't think the genre is as important as the music itself. Some classical music songs are as violent and acid as some rock songs.



It depends most of all on the individual's tastes.



Does music have the power to change your mood?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



i thing music can help change ur mood. but 4 me if im sad then i like 2 listen 2 sad songs because it helps me 2 know that someone else somewhere was feeling the same way as me. And vice versa.
Although music is important to me, it doesn't effect my mood so that it changes it. Depending on my mood; for instance I'm down, listening to something like blues can console me, but not change my mood. Actually on a really bad day, I prefer not to listen to music, but I may take out a book to read instead: it's a more introspective way to spend time on a bad day.
Definitely, if I'm depressed I put on Unicorns (Who Will Cut Out Hair When We're Gone) or my Sesame Street box set and I'm smiling in no time.



If I need confidence I'll put on Misery Signals, Dillinger Escape Plan, Hot Water Music, Comeback Kid (Wake the Dead), Snapcase --god, pretty much any hardcore CD I own.



Music always puts me in a better mood than I was in before it started playing, regardless of the genre.
A prescription for ROCK cures me every time!
I don't think it does if you are in bad mood but if you are feeling ok I think it can make you feel even better .



It is also good to listen to music before playing sports becuase it can help to pump you.



I like old music that has a good beat in it and I really guys like Jerry Lee Lewis and Elvis when they are singing thier more upbeat songs.



Jeryy Lee is great with his honky tonk and rythum and blues type music.
I feel that sometimes it can enhance it. When I am having a crap day or someone makes me really mad, it helps me to put in something hard. It makes me feel better. Then the music will change if I feel I have gotten over what ticked me off.
music definitely has the power to change my mood
no, because i'm stubborn, but it can enhance my mood for sure.
Of course. Sometimes it makes me cry :(
Yes. I have experienced many a time the mood altering nature of good music. By good music I mean soothing to the ear, mind and soul. I am ignorant of the kind of music you named. I am all ears for Hindi and Telugu (my mother tongue) music and songs. Light music and meaningful lyrics definitely have a vey soothing effect in changing from bad mood to better mood. Especially, lying down on bed in a quiet place and listening to good music calms down agitations and brings peace.
Most definately yes. When I listen to WarHorse's "When Heavens Turn To Ash"(the heaviest band EVER!!!) I feel like I can destroy the world.
Oh yeah. I like all those, and I also like the Eagles and for some reason, can't remember who sings it but that one song that goes: "I can see clearly now, the rain is gone...." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan