Saturday, November 28, 2009

Sick of being criticized for the music I listen to?

Seriously, I'm am fed up with the assumptions and trends that are associated with the type of music I listen to. In general Im fed up with all the prenotions that people concieve of someone for listening to a specific type of music. It's absolutely rediculous.Oh if you listen to metal, you're a metalhead, or if you listen to rap you're a gangster, if you listen to screamo and hardcore music you're a scene kid. It's all a load of crap. In my opinion you should listen to whatever makes you happy, or whatever you are feeling at that time. With the music I listen to it's all about the mood it creates for me, and it is different for everyone. So why can't people get overthemselves and accept the fact we all listen to different types of music and labels are overrated.



Sick of being criticized for the music I listen to?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I'm the same way: my mood dictates what I listen to.



When I'm driving to work, I like a lot of rock, rap or hip-hop. On the way home, I love country and 80's. At the gym, it's heavy metal or alternative. On Sunday mornings, it's classic rock. When I have people over for barbecue, it's jazz or Latin.



And when my wife wants to cuddle, I know I need to put on some Jim Brickman quick!



You shouldn't care what people say about your music. Those who make it a big deal don't get you and more importantly, don't get music at all. Just ignore them!



Enjoy your music!



Sick of being criticized for the music I listen to?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



Becuase people like to have something to blame for the 1 out of every 100 million that do something like shoot up a school.
cause people like to stereotype.you cant judge someone before you know their mind,even then its hard to judge.just forget about everyone,listen to your music! =]
People labeling people because of the music they listen to wil never end. the best thing you can do is ingnore it or embrace it.
Wow, you appear to have really let the forces of evil sway you. What do you care what anyone thinks about the music you listen to? When I listen to Slug Bait by Throbbing Gristle or Raping a Slave by Swans - do you think I give a crap what anyone thinks? They go "oh - that music is so Nasty! How can you listen to that deadening, throbbing, warped sound giggling over your flesh?"



Don't give others power over you by reacting negatively to their comments or opinions.



FP
well then listen to it louder so you cant hear the comments. easy as that.
Well girl ,I'm sk8ter and I listen to rap, r%26amp;b, rock, %26amp; people try to make labels for me but I stop it by ignoring them because it makes them madder so if that doesn't work then just get some dirt one of them!!!! : )
I SO AGREE! Music is more like politics in this sense, and it drives me crazy... My parents don't even listen to the music I like and yet it's horrible and sounds like crap, yet they've never heard it... Talk about making assumptions.



And unfortunately stereotyping is part of the hardwiring of the brain, the need to classify people into groups... It's really hard to overcome.
Well thats just the way that America works now-a-days. It sucks, I know. but there aint much you can do about it
i hear ya, i listen to everything from old school Jazz (etta James, ella fitzgerald, billie holiday) to hardcore punkrock...



i hate to say, people judge music because it is a very easy way for them to judge and stereotype...people LOVe to stereotype anyone...just like im a dude, that likes to sew, and people automatically assume im gay...im not... labeling sucks, but its life...we just have to learn to deal with it...hope you can find a place that you feel comfortable with your music...remember those who judge the most are the ones who are afraid of being judge themselves....
its funny cause when i was in my teens (the 70s) you were either rock or disco, some of my friends had Disco Sucks t-shirts and some of my other friends had Rock Sucks shirts... and i found that i liked all music, even though mostly rock (back then that was Zep, Floyd, Who, ...) my "Rock" friends called all the "Discoheads" conformists because they all looked the same (like Travolta in Sat Night Fever), yet the same non-conformist friends were all wearing the same style of clothes thereby conforming, i guess, to non-conformity?



but today it's gotten broken up even more into more little groups.. which is all marketing. i'm 43 and i still listen to everything from way back when to more current stuff, i like NIN, i like Death Metal, i like Old School Rap, Marilyn Manson and my all-time favorite band Slayer, but i'll listen to anything... by being in a group (or genre) you don't learn to like other genre's because your stuck listening to one genre. that's forced on us in a subtle way.



music genre, races, religions, political party... giving something a name just gives more people a reason to be defensive of their choice. but ultimately, music genre is all music, races are all people, Religions all believe in a supreme being, all gov't should be of the people's choice, not the Democrat agenda or Republican agenda.



once other people start asking you (or telling you) what group you fall into is when you automatically are supposed to not be part of another group... when in fact we all are in the same group! music lovers!!! Peace!
Yeah...if you listen to My Chemical Romance, you're "emo". If you listen to T-Pain and Daddy Yankee, gangster. Slipknot, metalhead or goth. Rihanna or Fergie, preps...it's so pathetic. I couldn't use a music genre to label someone, because it doesn't decribe everything about them.



I totally agree, labels are overrated.
For New Music Artists looking for labels I recommend



http://www.newmusiclabel.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan