Saturday, November 28, 2009

I want to major in MUSIC: But My Life would be DOOMED!!!..DOOMED!!?

....No job, at least, not one related to music



You see, I was born to do music, and no matter how hard I try to pursue other things,-- I STILL find my way back to MUSIC!! MUSIC!!



But alas, (and perhaps you must think I'm paranoid and CRaZy by now) ---I dont know where or if I'll make it in the job world. All I need is a place to stay, a piano, and a computer (and yes, of course--transportation, food, the basics, etc.)



Any success stories (or just ANY stories) out there from people who MAJORED IN MUSIC---Do give details. I'm all ears.



I want to major in MUSIC: But My Life would be DOOMED!!!..DOOMED!!?

-(Myspace music www.myspace.com)



I have three degrees in music. (BM, MM, DMA). Now I teach at a university. I'm not rich, and it was a long, difficult road. But now I do what I love, I get a decent salary, and I have benefits, great students, and tenure.



Just because you get a music degree, it doesn't mean you are doomed to a life of poverty. I have known literally hundreds of music majors and none of them lives in a cardboard box.



I want to major in MUSIC: But My Life would be DOOMED!!!..DOOMED!!?

-(Myspace.com graphics myspace.com)



I had a cousin who majored in music. Everyone in the family always made fun of him and said he would never find a job, but now he's a music teacher, makes about $70,000 a year, and loves his life. Now many in the family are jealous.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
commericial loan